Spring Census 2019 – Thursday 17th January 2019
- Census Date: 17th January 2019
- Attendance Collection: 01/09/2018 to 31/12/2018
- Exclusion Collection: 02/04/2018 to 31/08/2018
- Free School Meals collected from 05/10/2018 to 17/01/2019
- Learner Support (secondary only) collected from 01/08/2018 to 17/01/2019
- Deadline for submitting data: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Advice from Capita
- Alternative Provision Placement removed from census return as no longer required by the DFE
- EYPP Eligibility renamed to EYPP Receipt as by the time the data is collected the funding has already been allocated
- Proficiency in English removed from census return as no longer required by the DFE
- Alternative Provision Placement removed from census reports as no longer required by the DFE
- SEN Statement Status (S) removed from census reports as no longer required by the DFE
- Absentee Report amended to look at pupils with an absence rate of 10% or above and not 14 sessions
Data Items New to the Spring Return
EYPPR (Early Years Pupil Premium Receipt)
This is very much the equivalent of the now defunct EYPPE (Early Years Pupil Premium Eligibility)
- The DfE wants to make it clear that the data provided should indicate receipt rather than eligibility for this pupil premium.
- The lookup codes for EYPPR only shares one code with the EYPPE that is has replaced, but the differences are only a reflection of the need to emphasise ‘receipt’.
AP (Alternative Provision) Placements
- The DfE has changed its specification so that AP Placements are not longer to be reported in School Census.
- We had already provided the functionality for recording this data and have left it available as it could be helpful to schools where AP Placements are made.
Proficiency in England
- The DfE has removed this item from the School Census.
- The functionality for entering this information has been retained in case schools have a (legitimate) reason for collecting it.
SEN Status of ‘Statement’
- No longer accepted for school census under any circumstances.
Producing the School Census Spring 2019 Return English Secondary Schools
Producing the School Census Spring 2019 Return English Special Schools
Producing the School Census Spring 2019 Return Pupil Referral Unit
Producing the School Census Spring 2019 Return English All-Through Schools
Producing the School Census Spring 2019 Return English Primary Schools
The DfE school census website can be found here.
To see all of capita’s documentation regarding census please click here or see the documents below:
We are waiting for confirmation from Scholarpack for the release date of the Summer Census screens. They should be available 4 weeks prior to census.
Errors and resolution
Capita have produced a help guide which addresses a variety of errors…should you encounter any. These errors are listed by their error code in the document attached and correspond with the one shown in SIMS in the errors and queries section of your return. Click here to see the document.
Academies and Collect
For Academies please note that you need to submit your file to DfE via collect as well as the local authority. Information can be found in the appropriate completing the census in SIMS document. DfE guidance can be found here.
BuSI Team Census Page
To see all the BuSI team documentation and guidance click here.
What time do I run my census?
If your DfE number ends with:
2, 3 or 6 The selected time is one hour after the start of afternoon school
4, 7, 8 or 9 The selected time is one hour after the start of morning school
0, 1 or 5 The selected time is one hour before the end of morning school