Summer Census Dates – May 2021
Census Date: Thursday 20th May 2021
|Attendance collected from||01/01/2021||Attendance collected to||04/04/2021|
|Exclusions collected from*1||01/08/2020||Exclusions collected to*1||04/04/2021|
|FSM collected from||22/01/2021||FSM collected to||20/05/2021|
|Learner Support collected from*2||01/08/2020||Learner Support collected to*2||20/05/2021|
*1 Permanent exclusions only collected if final review exists.
*2 Secondary schools only.
Bromcom documentation can be found here.
The DfE school census website can be found here.
Errors and Resolutions
Capita have produced a help guide which addresses a variety of errors…should you encounter any. These errors are listed by their error code in the document attached and correspond with the one shown in SIMS in the errors and queries section of your return. Click here to see the document.
Submitting Your Census
Stockton Borough Council – Submitting to Information and Improvement
Click here for instructions on preparing for your census.
Click here for instructions on how to submit your census to Information and Improvement.
Please note: Due to the decomissioning of the Extranet, you will need to contact Information and Improvement if you’re unsure how to submit your census to them.
Academies and Collect
For Academies please note that you need to submit your file to DfE via collect as well as the local authority. Information can be found in the appropriate completing the census in SIMS document. DfE guidance can be found here.
Click here to view acceptable notepad entries for Collect.
School Census Error 1920
**Please check KB0022972 & install Fileset 1802 before proceeding with the information below.**
“Pupils leaving data is either missing, before entry date or equal to or after census date“
It appears that the census is not pulling through the Date of Leaving (DOL) for Subsidiary Dual registered pupils – all other data is being included.
Currently, we don’t believe this is a validation issue as the DOL is missing from the detailed reports & UNA/XML.
We are currently working on a fix for this issue. Further details regarding this fix will be published as soon as it is confirmed from our development teams.
Routines | Statutory Returns | School CensusError 1920 is appearing in the return: “Pupils leaving date is either missing or is either before entry date or equal to or after census date.”
Fileset 1802 has now been made available. We will be applying this to our supported schools over the next few days. Please see previous update for the affected validation rules.
Version 1.7 of the DfE validation and summary report files
Version 1.7 of the DfE validation and summary report files were provided to suppliers on Friday the 23rd April and we will make these available ASAP via Fileset 1802.
I have compared version 1.5 and 1.7 of the DfE validation and have found the following changes relevant to School Census Summer 2021.
Census Reference Date changed from 20/05/2020 to 20/05/2021
This impacts the following validation rules:
- 100: Check the Header Reference Date
- 1320Q: Please check: Free meals taken exceeds total eligible pupils
- 1570: Unique learner number must be provided for pupils aged 14 and over on census day
- 1762: Periods of free school meal eligibility that started after the Census Day should not be included in the return
- 1763: Periods of FSM eligibility must be in a specific period
- 1741: Service Child Free School Meals invalid, 1880: Pupil’s Entry Date after Census Date or missing
- 1920: Leaving Date must be present and must before Census Date and after or = Entry Date
- 1925Q: Pupil no longer on roll [should] only present for specific conditions
- 2510: For pupil no longer on roll the attendance sessions possible is missing or invalid, must be greater than or equal to zero
List of LAs extended to include 940 (North Northamptonshire) and 941 (West Northamptonshire)
This impacts the following validation rule:
- 1530: UPN invalid [as characters] 2-4 [are] not a recognised LA code
Validation rule added
- 2531: Sessions possible must be equal to the total of all attendance and absence sessions
Validation rules corrected
- 2530: Total [attendance] sessions missed must be < = Sessions Possible
- 2502: Zero Attendance Sessions Possible recorded for pupil on roll